Boca Raton Wrongful Death Attorney
Serving Florida from our Boca Raton Office
The loss of someone you care about is tragic. In Florida, accidents and injuries can turn fatal just because someone was negligent or acting carelessly. Any accident can take a life, including auto accidents and slip and fall injuries. Whether the accident was caused by someone’s negligence or the release of a faulty product, contact the Boca Raton wrongful death lawyers at Glotzer & Kobren today.
What is a Wrongful Death Claim?
When someone is killed because of the carelessness, negligence or wrongdoing of another person, these “wrongful death” situations can vary.
It is not just a single person that is liable for a wrongful death; anyone can be held accountable for the loss of a loved one as long as they were negligent or careless. From doctors to hospitals to individuals to companies, the person(s) responsible must be held accountable for their actions.
Some examples of wrongful death can include:
- A fatal car accident caused by a drunk driver.
- A hospital that administers a fatal dose of medication.
- A company that releases a malfunctioning product that causes death to another.
- A group of people who attacked and purposely killed another person.
If you are not sure if you have a wrongful death claim, meet with the attorneys at Glotzer & Kobren today. We can discuss your case and tell you right away if you have a valid claim.
Can You Bring a Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against Someone?
In Florida, the claim for wrongful death must be filed by surviving family, such as a spouse, fiance, child, parents, etc. The person legally entitled to bring a suit often depends on if there were any existing estate planning documents or special circumstances of that person’s life.
Our attorneys can help identify who has the right to bring the suit and we will analyze any factors that may disqualify you or another family member from filing.
Damages You are Entitled To
In a wrongful death case in Florida, you can collect two categories of damages:
- Economic Damages – These refer to the financial support your loved one would have helped give to the family during their lifetime. This also includes funeral and burial costs and the value of household services your loved one would have provided.
- Non-Economic Damages – This is for the pain and suffering, loss of companionship, loss of assistance and care, protection, moral support, etc. For spouses, the loss of sexual relations and for children, the loss of guidance and parental support.While we understand there is no dollar amount that will make up for losing a loved one, we will work hard to ensure you receive the settlement you are legally and rightfully entitled to for that loss to help relieve the burden.
Schedule a Free Consultation with our Boca Raton Wrongful Death Attorney
If you have lost a loved one because of someone’s negligence, you deserve a settlement. Contact Boca Raton wrongful death lawyers at Glotzer & Kobren today for a free, no-obligation consultation. Meet with one of our partners directly and let us assess your case. If you have a claim, we will get started on that claim right away.